More Stringers

Monday 18th August 2008. 2hr 40min

Match-drilled J stringers to to skins. Removed top skins and fitted bottom skins.

I had the top skins off when I realised that I had forgotten the J stringers, so back on they had to go. I lost about 30 minutes to this mistake.

By the way, I find my (very masculine) workshop apron excellent for this work as it has a large belly pouch. I take a full storage box containing about 150 clecos and just tip them into the pouch before starting to cleco on something big like a wing skin. The pouch also takes the cleco pliers and keeps them to hand. There is another pliers in the toolbox for when I absent-mindedly hide the first one from myself. The pouch also works in reverse to collect clecos when dissassembling.

Match-drilling the J stringers and fitting the bottom skins went exactly like the righthand side but quicker.

No comments: