Going mad!

Wednesday 27th August 2008. 1hr.

Fitted main wing ribs to both spars.

Dorothy is away this week, taking her mother on a short holiday so I am trying to make as much progress as possible. However, things did not go my way this evening.

You would think that it would be simple to put marked parts back in their marked positions but the main ribs would not go onto the spars as per the markings and the plans. Just before starting, I had had a phonecall from my sister, who lives nearby, to say she would like to call by, so I knew I did not have long and this may have contributed to the confusion. To try to sort it out, I fitted the ribs to both spars in case ribs had got mixed between them, even though I thought I had kept the sets apart.

In the end, I just left it there and tried to forget it while I had a great chin-wag with Fanchea (my aforementioned sister). She was suitably impressed with the results of our interior re-modelling project and not at all interested in the plane, which suited the moment perfectly.

No comments: