Primary Colours

Wednesday 1st January 2008 3 hours

Dimpled remaining VS, HS and Elevator ribs. Etched elevator parts except left skin. 1st coat primed above parts.


An old year to look back on and a new year to look forward to. One of the best things about last year was that I finally got this long-dreamed-of project underway. It has been hard work and most things have taken longer than I anticipated. I thought I would get the tailplane finished before now but no matter. It will take as long as it takes. I would still like to get both the tail plane and wings finished this year. I also need to fit in a major re-decorating job on the reception rooms of our house.



I checked out the attachments for the trim motor attachment plate. I eventually found them in the box with the trim motor itself. I will need to grind off one side of the #6 dimple die as one of the screw holes on the E-616 PP trim tab servo reinforcing plate is too close to a flange.


The primer seemed to run much more easily, as if it had thinned overnight. Perhaps I was just putting on too much.


I found that I had neglected to dimple some parts that I have already primed. However, dimpling them after priming seems to work just fine. No cracking whatsoever around the dimples and rivets seem to sit perfectly within the dimples, just as they sit within the dimples created before priming. the primer is probably at a good stage of curing where it still has some flexibility.


It is very cold today and not very appealing to be running between the shop, the patio (where I am using a garden hose for rinsing) and the kitchen (where I am drying off the parts before priming).

No comments: