Etche Homo (behold the man)

Monday 31st December 2007 7 hours 30 min

Re-etched reverse side of HS parts and primed, 2nd coated HS parts. Primed HS skins (2 costs). Cleaned VS parts (except skins) & elevator stiffners. Cleaned rudder skins. 1st coat primed rudder skins.

Alright, it's Christmas not Easter and the proper spelling is "Ecce" but otherwise it seems apt to call attention to a miserable specimen who spends his holidays on such a pursuit as this.

The instructions for the Ekoetch say that you must prime within three hours. However, the primer is taking so long to dry that I could only paint one side of the HS parts yesterday and that means that the Ekoetch was well past that deadline. So I decided to apply further Ekoetch. I was afraid that it would soften the primer on the finished side but it seemed to have no effect so the primer seems to have cured well overnight.


I was trying to get a sequence going and move sets of parts through the cleaning, etching and priming phases in some sort of orderly fashion. However, it is difficult to keep everything in line. Anyway, my spraying technique was a bit better today. I haven't changed the settings on the gun at all, they seem to be okay, though I have nothing to compare them against.

No comments: