St Patricks day parade

Monday 17th March 2008 (8hr 15min)
Drilled out and re-riveted faulty rivets from R606pp reinforcement plate, R902 spar, R904 rib, R405PD. Set up for riveting right elevator skin and spar. Riveted right and left elev skins to top of E902 right and left spars. Attached right and left elevator counterbalance assembly to E902 right and left spars. Assembled HS front and rear spars.










Our national holiday and what am I doing? making a plane! Well, that is my kind of holiday. Contrary to the public stereotype, I don't drink much and I drink Guiness only rarely - usually when I feel called upon to prove that I AM Irish.
The long nose yoke was able to reach three to four rivets either side of the hinge openings in the elevators. That left only about a third of the holes along the bottom of the spar to be pop riveted.

No comments: