Elevation

Sunday 9th March 2008 5hrs 35min

Rivetted the stiffners to both elevator skins. Rivetted platenuts to E-615PP trim access reinforcing plate and riveted the plate to the left elevator skin. Rivetted the EET-602B trim servo mounts to the E-616pp trim cover plate.

I had to assemble most of the left elevator with clecos to match-drill the E908-R stiffner, which closes off the elevator next to the trim tab in contact with the E-908-L stiffener opposite on the bottom skin. This had been left out. I also dimpled these holes and painted primer in the bore of these newly enlarged holes as well as touching up various scratches in the primer on the rudder spar.



The pin in the end of the back rivet set that retains the plastic collar is disintegrating. Two pieces broke off it and it is now barely effective. I don't think it is worth going back to planetools.com about it, though I should. The part is easily available locally so I will just get it and pop it in myself - less hassle in the end and I want Glenna to focus on my air squeezer problem.






















No comments: