From Left HS to Right

4th November 4 hrs 40 min

Match drilled the HS skin to the skeleton. Disassembled. Prepared edges of skin. Assembled the Right HS skin and skeleton.

Today was punctuated by another trip to town for lunch and to avail of a homewares sale we found during yesterday's trip. I think it is important to continue spending lots of time with the family, even when you are itching to get back into the shop. My son brought his girlfriend around for dinner again. I gave her a tour as she hadn't seen the workshop going up and had only heard about the project. Both the shop and the project seemed to impress.

On the building side, everything went smoothly. I found that I did not have to do any heavy fluting of the nose ribs to get them to fit. They just went right in. I had removed the plastic from inside the skin as it would have interfered with the fit. It will get scratched of course but I intend to prime it anyway.

No comments: