Primer Off and On

Tuesday 26th February 2008 2hr 30min

Etched and primeed EET-602B trim servo mounts. Removed primer from trailing edge location on right elevator and rudder left and right skins

These are the very last empennage parts to be primed. Boy am I glad to get to this stage. The spray booth takes up a lot of space, making working on the benches and moving around to my storage bins and saw, scotchbrite wheel, etc very tiresome. Also, I have not found this priming very easy. I need to go over to Frank Vogels to get some training in the use of his products before I take on priming the wing parts.

The Dremel wire brushes proved to be better quality and were much slower to wear out than my Chinese originals. Still, I went through 4 of them while doing the right elevator and right and left rudder skin trailing edges. Still, its done now. I should have done more thinking before hand about where primer should go and where it should not.

Sorry, no photos this evening

No comments: